Top 3 Reasons I Joined eHarmony:
- Someone whom I adore met her almost-fiancé (whom I also adore) on eHarm.
- My grandma’s 81st birthday wish (right before she blew out her candles) was that I would “get married and have babies.”
- I love a good blog.
So here I am doing something I said I would never do. But I'll let you in on a secret (I kinda love it). At first, I felt bombarded by military men (do I really live within 30 miles of Fort Lewis?) and guys who were my height (5’5”). But after a few days and a few dozen “closed” matches, Dr. Neil figured out who I was looking for in “open communication” (meaning we’ve made it through 3 rounds of essentially multiple choice questions) with two guys who appear promising. One of them is out of the country for two weeks doing a humanitarian project (score!) but I hope to go out with him when he gets back. The other one asked me what my “personal style” is tonight. That’s definitely something I’ve never had to express in 250 words or less.
I’m not sure if I’m doing everything right. Can I uncheck “addiction” as one of my 10 “can’t stands” because it goes without saying? Is it wrong to close matches with people I’m not interested in just to clean up my eHarm homepage? Is it bad that I can’t think of the most influential person in my life aside from my parents?
I’m excited to see where this adventure goes. It has already provided some good stories and laughs and an interesting answer to that ubiquitous question: “what’s new?”
Before I go, I want to give the men on eHarmony a few tips:
- Don’t post a picture of you with your arm around a gorgeous girl. It makes us wonder who she is (sister? ex-girlfriend? daughter?)
- The self-portraits of you in your bathroom? Not hot.
- Please, please, please use correct grammar (Your not winning me over).
LOVED! Also love that you can blog in Georgia font... who knew? So much to learn for us non-bloggers!
ReplyDelete"Your not winning me over." hahahahahaha I LOVE it.
ReplyDeletehaha can you uncheck addiction? i guess there are some people out there for whom addiction is a turn on.
ReplyDeleteI particularly loathe the shirtless photos. What is with that!? That does not lure me in.
ReplyDeleteI agree on all comments. Also not attractive: shirtless pictures or pictures of flexing. Really?
ReplyDeleteI second your tips!! I'd like to add "smile in your pictures" - who wants to date a sourpuss??
ReplyDelete