But my weekend didn't involve wigs and there were a good 36 hours between dates. Here are the deets:
Date #1:
Coffee at Cafe Ladro on Queen Anne with The Traveler (he just got back from a 3-week trip in China). I walked up from my house, and he was waiting for me when I got there. He gave me a hug and asked if he could get me a coffee. After being quizzed the night before by friends about what I was going to order (a MoGlo? A bran muffin?) I decided on a latte. He had drip coffee.
There was lots to talk about--his trip, our (shared) neighborhood, jobs, families, etc. There were only 1 or 2 breaks in the conversation longer than a few seconds. He's really nice, smart, easy to talk to. He said he'd like to hang out again, and I would too. Much to my friend's disappointment, I wasn't necessarily "giddy" or full of details after the date. I had a good time, but it wasn't like I was sitting around waiting for my phone to ring. I tend to think that's just not my style, but I'm also open to the possibility that it will be my style when the "right one" comes along. So we'll see.
Vital Stats:
I wore: Skinny jeans, brown boots, and my new black chunky knit sweater
He wore: Jeans, a white/navy long-sleeve tee
Random fact: He's the oldest guy I've ever gone on a date with (32)
Second date possibility: Definitely. We've been e-mailing a bit, and he wanted to hang out this week, but with Christmas 4 days away (what?!) it didn't work out.
Overall score: 7?
Date #2:
Beer at Hilltop Alehouse with The Southern Boy. Yes ladies, he has an accent (swoon, away). I got there just a minute or two before him, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was cuter than his eHarm pictures. He was easy to talk to, right from the get-go and the conversation was comfortable and easy the whole time.
He comes from a big family, owns a house, has an interesting job (although probably the polar opposite from my own), and seems like a generally "nice" guy. He did all the right things--paid, opened doors, walked me to my car. It felt a little more comfortable than Date #1, although, this might have had something to do with the fact that I was drinking a Pilsner, not a double-shot latte.
Vital Stats:
I wore: See Date #1 (I wore the same outfit)
He wore: Jeans, a long-sleeved white shirt with a grey tee over it
Random fact: During the hour and half we spent together, we realized we've been in the same place at the same time more than once.
Second date possibility: Totally. He texted me a few hours after the date saying he had a great time, and I think we'll plan something for after the Holidays.
Overall Score: 8
Overall, I'm not head-over-heels for either guy (yet) but my first 2 online dating experiences were positive, and that's saying something. I was talking with a friend this morning about how weird dating really is. We meet a total stranger and make small talk for a couple hours to see if we're "compatible." It's amazing how 2 hours of judging each other can actually be fun sometimes.
Vital Stats:
I wore: Skinny jeans, brown boots, and my new black chunky knit sweater
He wore: Jeans, a white/navy long-sleeve tee
Random fact: He's the oldest guy I've ever gone on a date with (32)
Second date possibility: Definitely. We've been e-mailing a bit, and he wanted to hang out this week, but with Christmas 4 days away (what?!) it didn't work out.
Overall score: 7?
Date #2:
Beer at Hilltop Alehouse with The Southern Boy. Yes ladies, he has an accent (swoon, away). I got there just a minute or two before him, and I was pleasantly surprised that he was cuter than his eHarm pictures. He was easy to talk to, right from the get-go and the conversation was comfortable and easy the whole time.
He comes from a big family, owns a house, has an interesting job (although probably the polar opposite from my own), and seems like a generally "nice" guy. He did all the right things--paid, opened doors, walked me to my car. It felt a little more comfortable than Date #1, although, this might have had something to do with the fact that I was drinking a Pilsner, not a double-shot latte.
Vital Stats:
I wore: See Date #1 (I wore the same outfit)
He wore: Jeans, a long-sleeved white shirt with a grey tee over it
Random fact: During the hour and half we spent together, we realized we've been in the same place at the same time more than once.
Second date possibility: Totally. He texted me a few hours after the date saying he had a great time, and I think we'll plan something for after the Holidays.
Overall Score: 8
Overall, I'm not head-over-heels for either guy (yet) but my first 2 online dating experiences were positive, and that's saying something. I was talking with a friend this morning about how weird dating really is. We meet a total stranger and make small talk for a couple hours to see if we're "compatible." It's amazing how 2 hours of judging each other can actually be fun sometimes.
I'm learning to give people time to warm up and not judge them entirely on the first date. If conversation flows and there is some flirt/attraction, I am game for another date. I'm glad you had two good dates!
ReplyDelete(smile)
ReplyDelete