/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */

Saturday, December 12, 2009

eHarmony: Date Three - GEORGINA

I’m not exactly sure how to address the date I went on this morning. So, I’m just going to plunge in.

We met at the 5 Spot on top of Queen Anne. While I was getting ready, I received a text message from him, saying: “I have a bad memory. Did we say the 5 Spot?” Hm. Okay. We talked roughly 15 hours ago. I answer yes, and say I’ll see him at 12:30.

I decide to brave the elements and walk up to meet him. I walk into the restaurant; he’s standing in the front and greets me with a hug, saying he just got a table. My first impression of him is that he’s tall and very good looking. My second impression, as we sit, is that this is going to be awkward. He won’t meet my eyes, and it takes about a full five minutes before we even start talking and having a conversation.

After those initial five minutes, however…let’s just say he shared a lot of information with me. As in he carried the conversation. As in...he didn’t stop talking about himself – ever. I believe four questions were even directed at me. And I’m not someone who likes to jump in and talk about my personal experiences or opinions with people I don’t know, so I spent most of that time just responding to the things he was saying. I’m not trying to be rude, but I kind of started zoning him out after a while. To the point where he literally asked me a question (one of the four) about something he had said and I literally sat there and stared at him, because I had NO IDEA what he had been talking about.

Is it bad to say all I could think about was my date from Tuesday?!

The point in the date where I began to just start laughing silently to myself about how I WISH someone was videotaping what I was going through, was when the waitress set down [his] Visa card in front of me. He looks at me, raises an eyebrow, and then says to the waitress, “Does she LOOK like a [Joe]?” (Name changed)

Sadly…that was not the first degrading or rude comment he made to the wait staff. Let me highlight the best lines for your reading enjoyment.
  • [He ordered the Grand Slam with sausage. When his meal came, it was with bacon.] “Could I get sausage, please? That IS what I ordered.”
  • [After the waitress had re-filled our coffee cups for the third time...pretty standard, I’d say,] “Did you really have to re-fill our coffee a thousand times?”
  • [When the waitress didn’t come with the check promptly enough,] “I take it speed isn’t really your thing?”

Additionally, this guy actually prayed before our meal. And told me he was looking for “a nice Christian girl who knows how to party”. Examples A-Z of what I’m NOT looking for.

Vital Stats
I wore:
skinny jeans tucked into knee high black boots and a plaid shirt. For a coat, I wore a camel colored pea coat.

He wore: Jeans, a t-shirt with a hoodie over it. And a blingin’ watch.

Random Fact: He’s rude to waitresses.

Second date possibility: According to him, he did say he wants to hang out again. And he already texted me, EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW I HAD PLANS, and asked me to see a movie tonight: “Too bad you have plans, I was going to ask you to see that new Matt Damon movie with me” (direct text quote). Thank God for small mercies. According to me…ugh.

Overall Score:I don’t want to be mean, but I just did not have a good time. I just cannot see myself being with someone like that. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Rude to waitstaff is a total deal breaker. He sounds like an ass. NEXT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ridiculous on so many levels, my fav is "looking for a christian girl who likes to party". really? wow.

    ReplyDelete