/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Keeping You Posted - ABBY

Well, hello again.  There's not a lot to report...still no dates.  But trust me, I'm trying.  My matches get delivered to my inbox around 2:30am.  So each morning after my alarm goes off, I sit up and hope for something good while the glow of my MacBook wakes me up.  On a good day, I get 10 matches and only close 9 of them.  

Now, before you accuse me of being "picky," I would like to give you a taste of what I'm working with here.

Exhibit A: The question is "what is the last book you read and enjoyed?"  His answer: "n/a."  Am I supposed to take that to mean you're illiterate?  Or just not a big fan of the printed word?  

Exhibit B: "I like spongebob.  I can't help it.  That show is great.  It is so crazy it's right on my level."

Exhibit C: Occupation: "I work at McDonald's lol."  Is that a joke?  

I am in some level of communication with 10 guys right now.  A few of them seem great, they are just verrrrry slow at responding, even if they are the ones who initiate the conversation.  This is hard for me to understand in the world of iphones and free wireless internet.  Do we need an eHarmony app?  Ironically, the guy I am communicating with the most is still out of the country.  

So I'll keep waiting.  Maybe tomorrow morning I'll wake up to the match of my life (the one who's a great communicator, open to new ideas and places, makes me laugh, and most importantly, e-mails me back the same day).

4 comments:

  1. "'I work at McDonald's lol.' Is that a joke?"

    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STIFLING laughter at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez... where are all the wonderful men in the world? I'm still waiting for the Cinderalla blog/story....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spongebob? On his level? Scary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is WITH guys not responding? They kill the mojo. It drives me batty. I'm having a similar beef with on line dating at the moment.

    ReplyDelete