Let’s talk about making plans and following through…a girl’s favorite subject, right? I’m sure I’m not alone in the frustration that comes from a guy calling to ask you out…..with nothing definite in mind about what to do or where to go.
Okay, okay. I’m sure I’ll get my hands slapped for saying that. I know there are many guys who want to do what the girl wants to do and so are polite enough to not assume but instead ask her opinion. That is great.
However.
I prefer not to have phone conversations that go like the following.
Him: Hey, so I was thinking about noon or 1pm on Saturday? Would that work for you?
Me: Yeah that would work great. What were you thinking of doing?
Him: [silence, then]….oh. I guess I should have thought that far ahead. Can I call you back on Friday when I’ve brainstormed something to do?
Me: …yep. That would be fine.
And that would have been fine, except that the follow up phone call on Friday went something like, "I'm still pretty new to the area, so is there any place you'd like to go?" Didn't he tell me he'd think of something??
Is it just me or would that bug you too? Sometimes I do like suggesting cool, new places that open up. I like being “in the know” about new restaurants (even though, let’s be honest, I usually find about them through a friend). But it still scores major points when a guy takes the time to call you on the phone and has a definite plan in mind, or at the very least a few suggestions.
So, off I go to date #3 with the Canadian (no flag picture this time) - to a lunch date I suggested, following the wise wisdom of Dr. Neil Clark Warren (who suggests lunch dates as first dates because they're low pressure and in broad daylight).
Deets to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not having any clue what to do or where to go, and not even having a clue that he can MAKE IT UP before dialing is second only to my personal favorite: pre-qualifying my availability by opening with "Are you busy Friday night?"
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, loving the stories!